I need to know

It is well known that Kasab is a terrorist & he has been captured red handed & a lot of evidences are there against him. He himself has accepted his dreaded feat. When he is such a dreaded criminal, why is our system searching for a lawyer to defend him. And when none of our lawyers came forward or have refused(and why should they?) he is given a chance to ask the Pakistani govt for help. Do we want that he should be defended at all after he & his mates have taken so many innocent lives, which has been proven.
Can anybody help me know the system better.

2 comments:

Inderjeet Banga said...

There is not an iota of doubt in this straight case which has been captured live in media and in CC TV footage. Entire world knows who all have done this heinous crime.

So, even I have similar queries as you have.

Still when I refer ‘Right to fair Trial’ at Wikipedia.org, I get following definition:

“The right to fair trial is seen as an essential right in all countries respecting the rule of law. A trial in these countries that is deemed unfair will typically by restarted, or its verdict quashed.
The right to a fair trial is explicitly proclaimed in Article Ten of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution, and Article Six of the European Convention of Human Rights, as well as numerous other constitutions and declarations throughout the world.”

Kapil Godha said...

Almost on similar lines, an artilcle had appeared on "The Times of India" on 15th Dec(the day after I posted this query). This may seem to be theoretically right. But I still feel that after all these type of evidences which may be there in all similar cases, the verdict should be straight-I mean that the system or law should now take a U-Turn & be chnged for such type of henious crimes so that there is no need of any trial.

I would like to invite views on the above subject. I think it would be a healthy debate.